Saturday 2 January 2016

Headies 2015: Olamide Apologises To Fans Over Rants

Olamide Adedeji, the CEO of YBNL has apologised to his fans over his infamous outburst at the 2015 Headies awards ceremony in Lagos.
The event which took place at the Landmark events centre, Oniru, Lagos, was characterised by controversies following the failure of Olamide’s boy, Lil Kesh to win the coveted ‘Next Rated Award’, losing to Mavin Record’s Reekado Banks.
Olamide during one of his recent performances on stage.
Olamide expressed his disappointment when he went on stage
and thinking he was on the receiving end of the ‘Melo Melo’ crooner, Don Jazzy of the Mavin Records went up stage to throw a tirade at the former.
“Lil Kesh is our own Next Rated artist. F**k that sh*t! The streets ti take over. Every f**king single was a hit back to back. From lyrically, to Shoki to Efejoku. Ko ni dafun Iya anybody,” Olamide had ranted on stage.
This has since generated a lot of buzz on the social media with more Nigerians siding with Olamide over his outburst.
The singer who prides himself as being the only Nigerian rap artiste to hold ‘Sold Out’ concerts at four different venues has now apologised to his fans over his reaction.
Check out the post below:
Olamide’s Instagram post
He took to his Instagram handle to issue a statement.
“I want to apologise to my fans for my conduct, including swearing on Live TV, at the Headies event some hours ago. I recognise that you all are the most important part of my work and my journey so far, and I would not have come this far without you. Therefore, you deserve better from me. I promised to conduct myself in a more respectable manner in future,” he wrote.
In spite of t

No comments:

Post a Comment