Saturday 26 December 2015

I didn’t return to music because I failed in politics –9ice


photo of 9ice

Many were shocked when popular singer, 9ice, signified interest in contesting for a seat at the Oyo State House of Assembly during the last election. The singer campaigned, contested but did not win. In an exclusive chat with Saturday Beats, the lanky singer said that although he did not win the election, the experience has taught him a lot.

He said, “When I got into politics I realised that whatever level you attain in life, there are people who are more successful. If you think you are the richest man alive, politics would teach you that there are richer men on earth. There are a lot of things that need to be done and a lot of wrongs that need to be right. We need someone like a prophet to lead this country. We need someone with the fear of God. It goes beyond having a degree; we need leaders with the fear of God. We need someone like Pastor Adeboye to rule this country, besides he is educated and that is a plus. We need someone with good conscience and the fear of God. We don’t have that in Nigeria.”
Already the singer is back in the studio working on his forthcoming album due to be released in the first quarter of 2016. He told Saturday Beats that he did not return to music because he failed in politics.
“It is not true that I am returning to music after failing in my political endeavours. People would always talk. When I went into politics, people said that it was because I was no longer making money through music. Music is my passion and even if it does not put food on my table, I would continue to pursue my passion. Music is something I can do for free. If it pays my bills fine, but if it doesn’t, I would still continue to do music. They have not heard the last of my political sojourn; come 2019, I would contest again.
“My new album would be out before the first quarter of 2016 ends. I am not sure if I would feature any A-list artiste but I would surprise my fans. I would be experimenting on new sounds. I would do things that people do not think I can do. I will also be singing about my experience in politics,” 9ice said.
The singer hinted that he already has a song, ‘Abefe’, ready and it would be released today.
“The name of my new song is ‘Abefe’. It is the story of a guy that fell in love with a girl and all he had to show the girl was his good intention rather than lavishing money on the girl like other guys who had tried that. The song is from a true life story of a couple who would get married today,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment